What type of VISA is required for studying in UK?

There are various types of VISAS, if one wants to visit United Kingdom. For students who want to study for a duration more than 11 months, one can apply for study visa (for non-European Union student), provided:

What are the pre-requisites for applying for VISA?

  • You have an unconditional offer to study for a course by a licensed student sponsor
  • You have Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) reference number from the institution.
  • You have enough money to support yourself and your tuition fees

It normally takes 3 weeks to process the application and the visa fees is £ 363. Additional Immigration healthcare charges are applicable which could amount £700-800 for Master’s course and £1600-1700 for a Bachelor’s course. It can vary basis on the location of the University you are joining.

How much money do you need to show for a successful visa application?

You should have sufficient money to pay for your tuition fees for one academic year and support yourself for one year. The support finances required depends on the location:

  • £ 1,334 per month (up to 9 months) for studying in London, which will amount to a total of £ 12,006.
  • £ 1,023 per month (up to 9 months) for studying outside London, which will amount to a total of £ 9,207.

What would be the duration of stay?

For a degree course it is up to five years and for a non-degree course it is up to two years.

What are the documents required for VISA Application?

  • Current passport or other valid documentation
  • Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the College/University
  • Proof that you have enough finances to support yourself. You or any of your relative’s financial proof are valid documents.
  • Tuberculosis test results
  • Written consent from your sponsor for your application, if you have received sponsorship for course fees and financial support in last 12 months.